Ministry of the Month
During the year, we focus on one program or ministry opportunity each month. The focus may be for a specific need locally, nationally or world-wide. A craft fair each year helps with the fundraising for these ministries. We look forward to seeing how these different opportunities might open up our eyes to God’s mission in the world. Check the calendar for this month’s ministry opportunity.
The Basin School District in Idaho City is requesting the following items to help the families, especially the children, make it through the winter. There is a lot of need up in Idaho City. To contribute, please bring items to church. There is a basket in the Narthex and a bin in the Fellowship Hall.
Physical items include the following:
- Pop top canned soup
- Ramen noodles
- Small bags of rice
- Peanut butter
- Canned tuna, chicken, vegetables, beans, fruit, & applesauce
- Olive or canola oil
- Healthy snacks: granola bars, individual bags of trail mix, unsalted nuts, dried fruit.
- Pasta, whole grain cereal, oatmeal, & powdered milk.
Other for boys and girls:
- Any size snow boots, snow pants (especially for elementary school kids)
- Warm blankets and sleeping bags
- Socks, underwear, gloves, hats ~ all sizes
- Teenage boys size sweats; medium and large
We would also like to help a family (or families) enjoy Christmas. We are asking for monetary donations for this outreach. The church council will update the congregation on the family that will receive our assistance for the holidays.